Halloween is on its way, a time for all things creepy, crawly, and dark. But we at Inspired LED believe that proper lighting can improve just about anything, including this October holiday. From costumes to decorations and everything in between, a little lighting can help to take your Halloween from freaky to feakin’ fabulous! And if you’re going to be adding light, you might as well do it right (because even witches, goblins, and ghouls can appreciate “going green”). So, with this in mind, here are some ways to get spooky this year with the help of energy-efficient, cost-effective LEDs:
- Stick Figure Costumes: For the second year in a row, Inspired LED is pleased to offer our unique, DIY Stick Figure Costume Kits just in time for Halloween. This year we have made some upgrades and improvements to make the Stick Figure Costume even more spectacular, including a new plug & play set-up, and an inline controller for special effects. The Inspired LED stick figure costume kits are available for purchase in singles, or as a family 4-pack. Now for a limited time, get a free controller with purchase through our website!
- Homemade Costumes: You don’t have to be a stick figure to create a spectacular Halloween costume this year, in fact, there are hundreds of ways to use LEDs to enhance your Trick-or-Treating experience. Using our 9V In-line Battery Connector, Inspired LED flex can easily be attached to any costume- glowing ghosts, a twinkling fairy, or a radical robot make for a fun, eye-catching display, while adding an element of safety in darkened neighborhoods.
- Pumpkins: Bring the old tradition of pumpkin decorating into the twenty-first century by trading in those old tea-candles for low-voltage LEDs! Whether you decide to paint or carve, LED lighting can add a whole range of exciting elements to your creation. Single color flexible LEDs (white, red, green, & blue) can be combined with our 9V In-line Battery Connector to create blinking, fading, or strobing effects. RGB color changing flex can easily plug in to a simple wall outlet, allowing your pumpkin to fade through every color in the rainbow!
- Indoor Home Décor: A little light can go a long way in creating that extra spooky feel for a haunted house or Halloween party. Line shelves or hallways with Normal Bright Green LEDs to create an eerie glow. Or, for an especially chilling effect, try Super Bright Red! Ultra Bright White LEDs can be mounted around windows to create fun silhouettes, or draped beneath a white sheet to create gleaming ghosts by the front door. Our Cut & Connect Kits come in a variety of colors, and include everything you’ll need to put together a simple DIY LED system.
- Exterior Home Décor: When it comes to transforming your front yard into a haunted Halloween hot spot, Inspired LED offers a variety of custom solutions. Our expert Design Team can help you to create a weather-proof system of white, or colored LEDs, perfect for welcoming Trick-or-Treaters up your walkway or on to the front porch. String a spooky spider web, give your graveyard scene a little accent lighting with our durable Infinity Outdoor LEDs, or fill a witch cauldron with RGB flexible strips for a magical color-changing brew. Check out this video from Creative Lighting Displays for some epic inspiration!
- Trunk-or-Treating: This fun take on the old tradition has been steadily increasing in popularity over the past few years, especially among schools and churches. If you are looking to step up your car’s Halloween décor this season, LEDs are a fantastic solution! Our in-line battery connector can provide several hours of eye-catching lighting effects off a single 9-Volt battery, allowing your Trunk-or-Treat display to make a big impression even after sunset!
There is no limit to what you can create when you combine the power of your imagination with Inspired LED’s simple, versatile lighting products. To get more inspiration for your next lighting project, be sure to check out our gallery here, or, if you are ready to get started on a more complex application, contact our Design Team for a free layout and quote!